Project Management Best Practices
You’re well-read & well-prepared in project management methodologies, risk management, change management, scope management, stakeholder management, & more. But can you remember all those little project management best practices that help work run smoothly?
Review These Quick & Easy Tips Every Time A New Project Starts To Achieve Greater Success:
- Communicate with all project stakeholders from day 1: Team members, managers, project sponsors clients, valued users, etc.
- Create a risk response team as the first line of defense when problems occur
- Always hold a project kick-off meeting & include everyone.
- Start your project with a detailed work definition document – and make all stakeholders sign in agreement
- Create a detailed work plan & model if off of previous, similar projects (if possible).
- Document everything steps, bottlenecks, changes in scope, etc.
- Ask the team for feedback on your management methods & what you can do better to help them
- When stakeholders come to you with new project requests, show them how the change will affect your project timeline or budget
- If scope changes due to new requests, have everyone sign a new agreement document
- Hold a wrap-up meeting after the project ends to discuss lessons learned & ways to improve for next time