Americans’ Hand Hygiene Habits
A majority of Americans are getting caught dirty-handed when it comes to their handwashing habits. A survey by SCA, a global hygiene company, uncovered that consumers understand the importance of hand hygiene but their practices may be grossly exaggerated.
- 71% Say they practice good hand hygiene and wash their hands regularly. YET…
- 58% have witnessed others leaving without washing their hands
- 20% witnessed restaurant employees
- 35% witnessed co-workers
- 33% witnessed friends
- 39% do not wash their hands after sneezing, coughing or after blowing their nose
- More Than Half do not wash their hands after riding public transportation, after using shared exercise equipment, or handling money.
On average, you come in contact with 300 surfaces every 30 minutes, exposing you to 840,000 germs*