The Best and Worst Time to Send your Emails
You’ve prepared your email content, get a perfect subject line and tested it on all the inbox clients under the sun – but when should you actually send it? Email marketing company pure360 has identified patterns in consumers’ responses to different email marketing promotions throughout the day to identify the best and worst times to send your emails
- 10pm – 9am
An ineffective time to send email promotions – it’s like throwing them into a black hole.
- 9am – 10am
The second most popular opening time is at the beginning of the working days, when consumers are receptive to offers on a whole range of subjects.
- 10am – Noon
Do Not Disturb
Consumers are focused on work and not opening marketing emails
- Noon – 2pm
The Lunchtime News
Consumers are more likely to spend time on news and magazine alerts during their lunchbreak than open marketing emails.
- 2pm – 3pm
In the Zone
In the immediate post-lunch period consumers remain focused on work, only responding to email offers relating to financial services.
- 3pm – 5Pm
A Life Changing Afternoon
Job-related apathy sets in, meaning more emails relating to property and financial services are opened between 3pm and 5pm than any other type of promotion
- 5pm – 7pm
There is a dramatic rise in holiday promotions being opened during this period. This is also the timeframe during which recipients are most likely to open B2B promotions.
- 7pm – 10pm
Recipients are more likely to respond to consumer promotions in their own time. Offers on clothes and special interests such as sports and gym promotions perform extremely well during this period.
Inside The Mind Of Digital Marketing Leaders
Issues Identified as Most Critical /Top-of-Mind by Soda’s C-level Members is Shaping the Success of their Business as of mid 2012
What are the financial and operational best practices for our industry and how can i earn the coveted title of *financial superstar* within the ranks of Soda member companies
How can i consistently provide thought leadership to my industry in terms of standards, collaboration and philanthropic efforts?
How do the established models for pre-prod, production and post-prod work meet (or not meet) the needs of our current digital engagement?
Where can i find the best talent and how do i nurture and retain that talent
How do i align all of my efforts toward a cohesive strategy that positions my company for new business success?
- Business Strategy
What tools, strategies and approaches do i need to adopt to successfully negative periods of intense change?
- State Of The Industry
How do we get post-digital and begin sharing perspectives on how the industry has evolved and where it’s headed?
What are the most important legal and regulatory issues impacting our industry and my company? Do i have the proper documentation and contracts to ensure successful growth?
How do i lay the ground-work to structure and promote an environment of continual innovation?
10 Strategies For Dental Marketing
- Build With High Converting Website
If you double your conversion rate, you just doubled your online income. The benefits of conversion optimization and testing are incredible.
- Regular SEO
Regular SEO is very powerful. Over 70% of the traffic on any given search on Google go to the first 3 listings.
- Local SEO
People are constantly searching for restaurants and local businesses on their smartphones and tablets. Mobile traffic is only going to Increase
- Google Adwords PPC
You should always do a PPC campaign on Adwords before you actually start an SEO campaign.
- Social Media Marketing
The vital power and ability to communicate with your customers make social media one of the best methods ever.
Retargeting is one of the most powerful marketing strategies in existence. With retargeting, you can show ads to visitors who left your website without taking the action you wanted them to
- Google+ Optimization & Rich Snippets
It’s vital that your Google+ account is optimized…especially if you’re a local business. You can rank your Google+ page on Google and foster positive reviews
- Online Reputation Management
There are specific strategies that you can apply to help generate positive reviews on sites like Yelp, Google+, Yellow pages and other review sites.
- Quality Patient Management
When customers are in your business and in communication with you, that’s the best time to develop your relationship further
- Facilitating Referrals
Word of mouth Marketing and referrals are the best type of new customer. To help foster referrals, make sure you’re building a list of customers that you can email and follow up with.
5 Keys to a Profitable Marketing Campaign
Marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact the more you simplify your marketing efforts, the more profitable you’ll be. Let’s take a look at the 5 keys to a Profitable Marketing Campaign.
- Know Your Market
Intimately KNOW your market, what they want, who they hate, why they go to work everyday, what they’re afraid of. Knowing your market better than they know themselves is the cornerstone of making marketing work.
- Make The Offer Irresistible
Offer your market a great reason to come in, give you their email address or buy from you. Make your offer IRRESISTIBLE whether it’s your free bait offer, or something you’re currently selling
- Surprise Them
Don’t stick to what you’ve promised or what is “expected.” Send a hand written note, call on a customer, follow up with a client to see how they’re doing. Leave ROOM in your marketing campaign for the unexpected.
- Follow UP
Every sale is a chance to earn a lifetime client or customer. The GOLD is in the follow up. Choreograph a follow up strategy that affirms their original decision to work with you, indoctrinates them into the “fold” of your existing clients and educates them about why YOUR COMPANY was the best choice they could have made.
- Use Multi-Media
Email is cheap and convenient. Mix it up. Use the phone, email, internet, snail mail, live events, etc. Your marketing campaign should be multi-media in scope.
GO FORTH & BE PROFITABLE
5 Keys to a Profitable Marketing Campaign
Checklist For an Online Marketing Campaign
1. Establish Your Goals
The first thing you’re going to want to do is figure out what you want to get out of your campaign. It could range from a certain number of email addresses to put into your lists to Likes on Facebook to increase in your web traffic. Whatever your goals may be, jot them down and make sure you have ways to measure them.
2. Create Your Content
When creating content, first, figure out who your target market is and create a theme that is tailored to them. Keep in mind that if you are asking viewers of your campaign to do something (like fill their email address or like you on Facebook), make sure you’re giving them something in exchange. It could be a prize of some sort or a simple piece of content with information that your prospects would find valuable. White papers, tip sheets and ebooks are great pieces, of content to give to your campaign viewers
3. Communicate With Your Audience:
have a plan on how you are going to reach your customer and prospect lists. For our Lead Harmony campaigns, we did this in the theme of your campaign. Send this email to your current customers and your prospects as well. The more participation, the better, even if they’re already a client.
There are many different ways to reach a public audience depending on your budget, your current public appearance, your connections, etc. We planned to reach the public with Google ads, through our social bookmarking sites. Keep posting your campaign periodically, not just once.
4. Measure and Follow Up
Make sure you set up ways to measure your results. The measurement tools that we used for Lead Harmony included an email notification when someone fills out our form, an automatic follow email, automatic placement of the new lead into a specific email list, measurement of Google Adwords and measurement of conversions in Google Analytics. There are marketing automation systems that can help ease this process, but if you don’t have one in place, this is a good way to start.
7 Important Points to Consider After Purchasing a Dedicated Server
1. Security Policies
- Set host and IP based restriction for the SSH, WHM and plesk panel logins
- Configure password strength and expiration policy
- Disable vulnerable PHP and system functions.
- Firewall, Malware and antivirus tweaking as per your application requirement.
- Prevent users from overriding PHM config values in the php.ini and htaccess files
2. NameServers & Hostname
- Server should have valid FQDN hostname with appropriate RDNS [PTR] record.
- Correct hostname helps maintain IP address reputation
3. Backup and Recovery
- Schedule timely backups.
- Backup data and system config files both
- Retain daily, Weekly and monthly replications with full system image.
4. Email Server and IP Address Reputation
- Configure the Email Server as per your needs.
- Have a Reverse DNS entry.
- Enable SMTP Authentication.
- Publish as SPF record, sign with DKIM or DomainKeys.
- Make sure that your server is not on any of RBL listing.
- Allow users to Opt-out and Unsubscribe.
5. Periodic Software Updates, Upgrades and Patches
- Turn On the automatic update/upgrades wherever possible.
- Patch Critical Updates on time.
- Always have latest versions of PHP, MySQL and Apache.
6. Maintain and Service Status Updates to Customers
- Notify clients in advance about the maintenance schedule
- Schedule such events to weekend or midnight.
- Host a service update portal remotely.
7. CPU and Memory Resources Management and Optimization.
- Adjust the LAMP according to your requirements
- Use the README or Manual page of application for best configuration.
- Make sure the server environment is compatible for the application or CMS you run
Effective Mobile APP Marketing Strategy
Mobile apps are defined as a powerful way for companies of all sizes to build deeper relationships with their esteemed customers. However, coming up with a wonderful idea for the smartphone app doesn’t even guarantee huge success or high revenues. This is because a large number of developers face a wide assortment of other apps in the market and due to this, it becomes very difficult to stand of the other time
Some great mobile app marketing strategies to achieve results from your app
- Find Out Your Target Customers
Marketing an app is a time consuming work and thus, you have to make sure that you can use brainstorming as well as visioning techniques in order to articulate your typical customers and their living patterns.
- Create An Amazing Mobile Offering
It is believed that a unique mobile offering means targeting a specific grouop of people or customers or it could also mean offering wonderful features in comparison to other apps or a combination of both. It is very important for you to make sure that your mobile application has something great to offer that is not available in your competitor’s mobile solutions
- Don’t Ignore International Market
If you are planning to expand your reach, opt some simple changes and market your app on an international scale. This is also considered as one of the most important mobile app marketing strategies and thus, should not be overlooked.
- Optimize For The App Store
Apart from optimizing your website for search engines, you should optimize your app for the app store. This means that it is important to make sure that your app has the right keywords in its title as well as description so that users can find your app whike typing relevant keywords into the search bar.
- Continuously Increase Customer Engagement
In order to increase engagement, include rewards, exclusive content, improved UX and other perks. In addition, there is a need to promote new offers as well as features. On the other hand, if you have a significant user base, strengthen the user retention through re-engagement or mobile app re-targeting campaigns
There is nothing wrong in saying that mobile app marketing is hard and requires a multifaceted approach that is coordinated as well coherent. However, all these steps will contribute a lot for a successfully marketed app. Hence, you should follow each and every step carefully
Content Marketing on the Rise
There’s no doubt that content marketing is a force to be reckoned with. As businesses seek to expand their online presence, the channels to pursue content marketing continue to grow
Per dollar, content marketing produces 3 times more leads than other online advertising mediums like paid search. Source: kapost
The richness of videos can stimulate online users more than other forms of content. Quality videos offer immense value for both content marketing and SEO.
Exploit your content marketing on the powerful, SEO-friendly blogging platform known as WordPress. As a highly acclaimed content management system, WordPress offers immense possibilities to promote your content.
In addition to having a massive community of followers, Squidoo offers tremendous control and flexibility to exploit any idea for content marketing.
Blogger is one of the simplest and most effective ways to share your content on the web. It offers exceptional blogging tools through an easy-to-use interface
As the emerging powerhouse in the social media playing field., Google+ offers great potential to promote and share your content while expanding your brand’s search exposure.
StumbleUpon is the ideal tool for image and text-based content marketing. Here your articles, infographics, blog posts and Squidoo lenses can be shared with readers with common interests
Twitter can help market your content to vast population of users. As a result, Twitter can help spread brand awareness, build reputation and promote greater search engine visibility
LinkedIn delivers a powerful networking tool to connect with relevant individuals. Here you can market your business to like-minded professionals by letting your content do the talking.
The incredible mass of users that makes up Facebook offers incredible potential for content marketing. Sharing your content on Facebook can help funnel quality-leads to your website
“A solid content marketing strategy offers three primary benefits when executed successfully. Content marketing can inbound more traffic to your website, generate natural link popularity for SEO, and build lasting brand awareness through engagement
How To Optimize Video For Search Engines
Optimizing webpages for search isn’t the only way to get your online presence noticed. Creating search engine friendly videos gives you an interactive advantages over plain text results. Videos are a great alternative for consumers who are not interested in reading content but instead would like to watch their content.
Key Elements of VSEO;
- File names
- File Name
When saving your video, choose a keyword friendly file name (not the default time stamp assigned by the device).
Craft an SEO optimized title for your video by using relevant keywords. Be noticed for showing up first in search, not forgetting to remove the extension from your title
The key to optimizing your video description for search is including rich and relevant content. Don’t forget to include a URL at the beginning of the description with the http;//prefix, otherwise it won’t show up as a link
Your description should be keyword rich and can include a full transcript of the video or a description of what it is about
Never, ever stuff keywords! it will only reflect upon you negatively. Keyword stuffing angers search engines and confuses viewers.
Don’t Forget about tags. They allow you to add keyword that wouldn’t fit into the description naturally. Tags should be 1-2 words, with each set separated by a comma.
Choosing a category groups your video in with similar videos. This expands the reach of your videos, allowing new viewers to discover them.
Make sure our visibility is set to public. Otherwise, all of your optimization will be in vain!
Where to Post Your Videos:
YouTube may be the most popular video sharing site, but it isn’t the only one.
- oodle marketplace
5 Step Content Marketing Checklist
1. Planning & Researching Your Topic
- Use Google keyword planner to find relevant keyword phrases that people are searching for to use in your post
- Search Twitter for popular topics related to your keyword and pay attention to the ones getting the most retweets and favorites
- Do a quick Google search to see other pages that are ranking for that keyword\
- Create a list of major points you want to get across in your post
2. Writing Your Content
- Don’t let paragraphs get too long – they should break up every 2-3 lines or roughly every 75-100 words
- Try to include an image for every 300 words of text
- Use sub headers to segment sections and break up your article for easy reading/scanning
- Create a compelling headline (ideal length: 55 characters)
- Make use of bullets and lists where applicable
- Link to other valuable resources in your article (webpages or your other blog posts) where relevant
- Spell check!
3. Optimize Your Content For Search
- Aim for 1000-1500 words for a blog post – that is the Google *sweet post* for SEO based on research from sepIQ
- Place your SEO keyword into your blog title
- Include your SEO keyword in at least one H2 header
- Place your SEO keyword at the very beginning of your title and H2 header for optimal results
4. Make It Shareable
- Create a custom graphic that shows the title of your blog in an attractive way to increase shares on pinterest and other networks
- Use Click to Tweet to include tweetable quotes and state throughout your blog
- Create or curate an infographic relevant to your chosen topic and include it in your post
- Include slideshare presentation or a video
5. Promote Your Content
- Send an update to your email list with a link to your blog post
- Share your blog post on Facebook and make sure your image is optimized to look good in Facebook link preview for optimal click-through rates
- Share on Twitter and include your custom title graphic
- Share on Pinterest using the custom title graphic
- Pin to relevant shared Pinterest boards to increase exposure
- Share your blog post as a status update on LinkedIn on your personal profile and your LinkedIn company page
- Share in relevant LinkedIn by creating a discussion around your topic and including the link as a reference
- Share your post to Google+ to your personal profile and company profile
- Find niche Facebook groups and Google+ communities to share your post by creating discussion about it
- Consider using Facebook ads or LinkedIn Sponsored updates to run targeted ads to promote your content
- Use a social sharing plugin like Digg Digg or Flare that allows for easy social sharing directly from your blog but be aware of the etiquette of each site’s community before posting.