7 Leadership Styles Displayed By Great Leaders, Past And Present
The position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group
1. Bill Clinton
- Born August 19, 1946
- 42nd president of the United states
- Oversaw the country’s longest peacetime economic expansion
- Uses charm to get the admiration of their followers
- Shows concern for their people and books after people’s needs
- Creates a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for their followers by listening and making followers feel heard
2. Donald Trump
- Born June, 1946
- Real Estate mogul and billionaire
- Hosts the NBC reality series The Apprentice
- Acts more like facilitators rather than dictators
- Facilitates the ideas and the sharing of information with the end goal of arriving at a decision
- Considers and factors opinions of the collective mind of the group
3. Dwight Eisenhower
- Born October 14, 1890
- 34th President of the United states
- Eased Cold War tensions by promoting Atoms for Peace
- Considers three factors when making decisions; the situation, the capability of the followers and the capability of the leader
- Adjust to whatever limitations is laid out in front of him by his subordinates and the situation
- Acts in a dynamic way based on the different situations they are faced with
4. Joseph McCarthy
- Born November 14, 1908
- US Senator
- Became chair of the Senates subcommittee on investigations
- Establishes a clear chain of command
- Motivates his subordinates by presenting them with rewards and punishments
- States requirements for a subordinate with corresponding rewards
5. Walt Disney
- Born December 5, 1901
- Founder of Disney
- Created “The Happiest Place On Earth” and Micky Mouse
- Motivates their followers
- Appeals to their followers’ ideas and morals
- Empower their followers using their own beliefs and personal strengths
6. Abraham Lincoln
- Born February 12 1809
- 16th president of the United States
- Brought about the emancipation of slaves
The Quiet Leader
- Leads by example without telling people what to do
- Does not give loud speeches, sweeping statements or clearcut orders
7. George Washington
- Born February 22, 1732
- 1st President of the United States
- Leader of the Continental army in the American Revolution
- Takes care of the needs of their followers first before they take care of their own
- Acts as a servant to followers, instead of acting like a king
- Serves their followers rather that force upon them what they want
7 Signs Of Professional Learning
- To be successful in efforts we must plan backward, beginning with the student learning outcomes
- We have to remember that teachers are professionals who use their classrooms as innovative laboratories and want to engage in authentic learning.
- Just as surgeons see observation and coaching as a vital to improving their craft, so should teachers
- When professional development fails to deliver genuine, face-to face interactions with other people, educators feel cheated
- Teachers have a great deal of knowledge about their practice and their students that is incredibly valuable to other teachers.
- When video recording is started in a way that supports each educator’s intrinsic desire to improve . It can be a powerful tool for rapid significant improvement
- Educators that ensure that professional learning materials are more than a forum for sharing war stories or a platform for promoting personal preferences about instruction.
Tax Preparation Checklist
1. Get Your Forms In Order
- W2 for reporting wages
- 1099 for reporting interest and dividends
- 1099B for reporting stock and bond sales
- 1040 for self-employed/individual income tax return
- If you are filling your taxes late, you will need form 4868 – the application for an automatic extension of time to file a U.S tax return
2. Find Deductions
- Standard deduction, individual taxpayers: $5,800
- Standard deduction, married filling jointly: 11,600
- Retirement/savings contributions (e.g. IRA)
- Student loan interest
- Moving expenses
3. Identify Exemptions
- The personal tax exemption in 20111 is $3,700
- You are allowed to claim one personal exemption for you and one for your spouse, as long as neither of you are claimed as a dependent on someone else’s returns – this is true even if you are the sole income earner in your household
- You are also allowed to claim one exemption for each dependent, even if the dependent files a return
- Visit www.irs.gov to help determine how to calculate your exemptions
3. Check Tax Credits
- First time Homebuyer credit
- Child tax credit
- Dependent car credit
- Adoption credit
- Education credit
- Energy improvement credit
- Foreign paid tax credit
4. Decide How To File
- Paid preparer
- Standard deductions
- Itemized deductions
5. File On Time
Of The 144,103,375 personal income taxes filed in 2010:
- 75.7% are e-filed
- 57.7% Used a paid tax preparer
- 33.85 claimed itemized deductions
- 64.4% Claimed standard deductions
Credits Can Help You Save Big!
- Adoption Credit:
9,859 taxpayers filed for a total claim of $125 million.
- 1st Time Homebuyer Credit:
37,273 taxpayers filed new claims for a total claim of $262 million.
- 335,341 fraudulent returns were identified by the IRS in 2010. This totaled over $1.88 billion in fraudulent prevented.
- Only claim deductions you can prove! Keep receipts, have your bank and credit card statements in order and don’t have record of.
17 Reasons To Avoid Stress
17 Health Problems That Researchers Have Linked To Stress
Higher stress levels have been associated with a greater number of headaches per month.
- Hair Loss
In a study comparing sets of twins, those women who reported higher stress levels experienced greater thinning and hair loss
In animal studies, chronic stress has been linked to damaged glutamate receptors and impaired memory
- Acne / Psoriasis
Singaporean researchers found a significant increase in acne among students at exam time, especially male students
In a 2010 study, a poor psychosocial work environment was shown to double the risk of developing a sleep problem
- Heart Attacks
A study of 200,000 employees in Europe found those with stressful jobs are 23% more likely to have a first heart attack.
- Worsens Asthma
In a study of 5000 adults, chronic stress was found to double the risk of asthma.
- Cravings For Sugar And Fat.
Animals studies have shown that an elevated level of stress hormone CRF tends to lead to craving for sweet foods.
Stress can disturb the delicate balance of microorganisms in our guts, leading to multiple digestive problems.
- Belly Fat
Repeated studies have linked elevated cortisol level with excess fat in the abdominal region, even among otherwise slender women.
- Back Pain
Stress, along with elevated cortisol levels, has been linked to chronic back pain. Stress management is a treatment option for chronic pain sufferers.
- Sex Drive
Studies have shown that elevated cortisol levels appear to interfere with sexual function and prevent us from getting aroused.
- Blood Pressure
Stress results in higher blood pressure, which can result in a host of health problems including heart disease.
- Adrenal Fatigue
Chronic stress can lower sex hormonal levels, and ultimately impair the body’s capacity to produce stress hormones too. This can lead to symptoms like fatigue, an inability to handle stress and low immunity.
- Blood Sugar
During stressful situations, hormones like adrenaline and cortisol cause our blood sugar to rise.
One study showed that men under permanent stress were 45% more likely to develop Type II diabetes.
Chronic stress shown to affect telemere length a key indicator of premature.
- Immune System
Stress has repeatedly been shown to weaken immunity. It also appears that the duration of the stress, not the severity, is the most important factor
6 Tips To Write A Winning Proposal
- Make It Automatic
Customize proposal for every client. Do not copy-paste a pre-written script. Make it specific to the project.
- Focus On Starting A Conversation
Be polite. Be human. Identify leverage points. Do not make bids in vacuum.
- Ask Question
Ask one short question or series of questions. Communicate genuine interest. Show that you care.
- Be Personal
Empathize with their situation. Empathize with their zero tone. Look for a common interest.
- Give Thanks
Communicate trust through reviews, recommendations. Give the “what to do” not the “how to do it” show, not tell – share relevant attachments/demos.
Check sentence construction
What Your Valentine’s Day Gift Says About Your Relationship
A little cliche considering the day, but who the hell cares? It’s the ultimate symbol of love and commitment. Plus, it’ll make all your friends green with envy
Verdict: Your commitment to each other reminds us all what valentine’s day is all about.
Whether it’s a mix tape, some original poetry or a coupon book full of thoughtful gifts like free messages and car washes performed by your lover, this gift is from the heart and it shows that your significant other truly cares about you
Remember: Always look at the merchandise, never the price tag.
Verdict: Your relationship has a solid foundation of mutual respect and love. Cherish it
There are few things better than the chance to spend a romantic weekend tucked away with your significant other. That’s true love
Verdict: You two are adventurous, fun and like spending time together ; a great recipe for success.
Home Cooked Meal
Food is seductive. Food prepared by your lover is downright decadent. Savor each bite and when the meal is over you won’t have to travel far to have desert.
Verdict: Yours is a down to earth relationship that you can sink your teeth into. Bon appetit.
This is a go-to gift for a reason – precious stones are rare, valuable, and long lasting, just like your relationship. (Add 15 degrees if the jewelry is personal and unique. Subtract 20 degrees if it’s a half-a-heart necklace.)
Verdict: Your relationship for all the world to see
Out To Dinner
While not exactly the most original choice, a night out at a high end restaurant can be a feast for the senses and an opportunity for both of you to sit back, relax and get to know each other all over again. And no, olive Garden doesn’t count
Verdict: Your relationship doesn’t need constant thrills to remain satisfying. Here’s a toast to the slow simmer that can last a lifetime.
Always a gamble, but if your partner know’s you well enough to get something you’d like, this can be a flirty gift that makes you feel like a Victoria’s secret model. If they miss the mark, it can lead to very early chilly valentine’s night
Verdict: Your Partner is trying to spice up your relationship and you need to do your part. Unless you’re just not into it anymore…?
Flowers are an easy-to-buy gift that requires little thought or planning. Not the best message to be sending on this special day for the two of you. (Add 15 degrees if combined with one of the above gifts. Subtract 15 degrees if still in the grocery store plastic.)
Verdict: The flowers may survive longer than your relationship if you don’t make some significant changes.
It may be a bottle of your favorite fragrance or a certificate for an hour long massage and while both are nice, they don’t score any points for originality or intimacy.
Verdict: A tepid gift for a tepid relationship. While it may be comfortable, it certainly isn’t a storybook romance.
This is the valentine’s gift your Dad always got your Mom, swinging by the nearest drug store on his way home from work that day. Probably not your vision of the perfect relationship
Verdict: Don’t be fooled – these sweets are trying to cover up the bland nature of your relationship
Appliance are everything practical: a blender, a phone, a backpack, et cetera. This is not the time to get your sweetie something they need; this is when you get them something they desire
Verdict: The Romance is quickly draining from your relationship; time to plug the leak, or else abandon ship
This is the type of gift you give your aunt for Christmas; no thought or effort required. Makes you wonder how much effort you should be putting into this relationship.
Verdict: Drop your lazy lover and shop for other candidates.
Verdict: Drop your lazy lover and shop for other candidates
If you unwrap your gift to find one of those cheesy, custom printed romance novels where the lead characters are named after you, you’re either 15, or your significant other is of creepy. (Subtract 15 degrees if your characters are vampires.)
Verdict: Time to drive a stake through the heart of his relationship.
Stupid Sex Gifts
Edible undies, glow in the dark bras, porn movies and the like are for bachelor/bachelorette parties, not Valentine’s Day.
Verdict: Send your significant other back to the frat house. They’re not ready for a serious relationship
Surprising you with kung pao on a random Tuesday is sweet; on valentine’s Day it’s just plain lazy. Time to throw this relationship out with the leftover rice and chopsticks.
Verdict: Our fortune cookie says you deserve better
Tattoo Of Your Name
Congratulations, you’re dating a psycho! Where a few may see this as the ultimate expression of love and commitment, most see it asd creepy and demented. (Subtract 50 degrees if the tattoo also contains your face.)
Verdict: Tell them you love it, then slowly back away and run as fast as you can.
Your significant other is one of those hard-wired independent types who think Valentine’s Day is nothing more than a superficial, greeting card company created holiday. Lucky you
Verdict: Find someone who can put their personal biases aside and give you what you need once a while.
Know Your Battery
Not all batteries perform equally, Only purchase and use batteries from trusted manufacturers, brands like EFEST, Sony, LG and Orbotronics etc. Know the amperage capability of your battery and only use high-drain models.
The Greedy Coil
Coils are power hungry and will pull as much electricity from battery as they want, even if the battery can’t provide the amount that the coil wants. When the coil draws more power than the battery can manage, BAD things happen.
Obey The Law
Always check the resistance of your coil! Once you know the resistance of your coil, input the number of ohms and 4.2 volts into an Ohm’s law calculator (available online) to find how many amps of current your coil will draw from your battery.
Batteries like having wiggle room too! Use a battery that can provide at least 5 amps (continuous) more than the amount that your coil needs. Your battery will thank you for it
Always write the purchase date on all of your batteries and dispose of them in an approved battery disposal no later than 12 months after purchase.
We are Facing Some Air Turbulence
Top Accidents And Incidents That EgyptAir Faced Since The 70s.
Flight 763 – March 19, 1972
Flight 763 was on its way from Cairo to Aden, Yemen, when the aircraft struck Jebel Shamsan, the highest peak of Aden Crater, on a visual approach to land on runway. $2 people died in the crash.
Flight 741 – January 29, 1973
Flight 741 was on its way from Cairo to Nicosia when it crashed in the Kyrenia mountain range in Cyprus on its descent while approaching the runway. All 37 people on board died.
Flight 321 – August 23, 1976
Three armed extremists, claiming to be from the Abd Al-Nasir Movement, hijacked the Cairo-Luxor flight and asked the pilot to land in Tripoli
Flight 864 – December 25, 1976
Flight 864 flying from Cairo to Don Mueang International Airport when the Boeing 707 crashed into an industrial complex in Bangkok. All 52 persons on board were killed, plus 19 on the ground.
Flight 648 – November 23, 1985
Flight 648 was on its way from Athens to Cairo when it was hijacked by three palenstinian members of Abu Nidel group. 60 people, including 2 hijackers were killed during a raid to recapture the plane
Flight 990 – October 1999
EgypAir Flight 990 was on a flight from Los Angeles to Cairo when it crashed into the Atlantic Ocean about 60 miles (100 km) south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, killing all 217 people on board.
Flight 843 – May 7 2002
Flight 843 was flying from Cairo to Tunis when it crashed into a hill near Tunis-Carthage International Airport. Three crew members and 11 passengers died
Flight 667 – July 29, 2011
Flight 667 was scheduled to fly from Cairo to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia when a fire in the cockpit while on the ground at Cairo airport,. Seven people, of the 317 passengers and crew, were injured.
Flight 181 – March 29, 2016
MSK 181 flying from Alexandria to Cairo when it was hijacked by an Egyptair man, forcing it to divert to Larneca international Airport in Cyprus. He demanded to see his estranged wife and sought for asylum