Parenting In The Digital Age
Parenting in the digital age means that cell phones are a fact of life for most moms and dads. Here’s how to make sure your cell phone makes you a more dedicated parent, not a distracted one.
10 Cell Phone Rules For Parents
- When your child is talking to you, look at him, not your phone.
- Follow your children social media and use your phone to check their posts
- When you’re playing with your child, don’t check your phone.
- Use your phone to share interesting videos with your children
- Don’t respond to phone calls, texts or emails at meal time.
- When you’re on a walk with your child, don’t use your phone, even if she’s asleep in her stroller
- Text your children to say hi!
- Video chat with your children while they’re away.
- If you’re using your phone and your child wants your attention, put down your phone immediately.
- Limit your phone use so your kids’ memory of you won’t be that you were always on your phone