How to Make a To-do List
A to-do list is one way to practice time management; it may be of help as you work toward your personal and professional goals. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Decide Whether You Want To Make Your List On Paper Or Electronically And Consider The Time Period. Are you making it just for the month?
- Randomly Write Down All The Tasks That Come To Mind That You Need To Do.
Don’t think about importance, just “free-write all of the things you have to do.
- Write Down How Long You Think Each Task Will Take.
By knowing the approximate amount of time each task will take may be a little easier to figure out how to prioritize.
- Rearrange The List And Put The Most Important Items On Top.
Differentiate important task by time. It may be helpful to get the more time-consuming items out of the way first.
- Cross Things Off As You Go.
It may feel rewarding to delete or check off completed tasks. Eventually, things will get done and you can make a new list.
- Leave The List Visible All Day.
By having your to-do list in front of you, it may reinforce the sense of urgency and ensure that you continue to work on your tasks throughout the day.