Be mine For Longer!
- Look for the American Heart Association’s mark of approval on restaurant menus and in grocery stores to certify that you’r purchasing heart-healthy foods.
- Cut back on packaged, processed foods to limit sodium. Aim for less than 1500 mg of cholesterol per day.
- Read food labels. Aim for less than 300 mg of cholesterol per day.
- 5 or more servings of fruits and veggies each day.
- Most Americans are overweight
- Exercise sends oxygen to your brain and makes your memory sharper
- Goal: 150 min/week of moderate exercise or 75 min/ week of vigorous exercise
- 2 days per week: muscle-strengthening activity
- Each cigarette reduces your life by 11 minutes
- Smokers have more than twice the risk of heart attack than non-smokers
Get A Check Up
- Check blood pressure: Goal: Less than 120/80 mmHg
- Check cholesterol: less than 160 mg/dl (low risk), less than 130 mg/dl (intermediate risk), less than 100 mg /dl (very high risk)
- Please always check fasting glucose: Goal: Less than 100 mg/dl
Maintain A Healthy Weight
- Men: aim for 40 inch or less waist circumference
- Women: aim for 35 inches or less waist circumference
- Aim for BM! of under 25