8 Ways To Increase Awareness & Drive Traffic To Facebook Promotions
1. Post it on your Facebook page.
Sounds like a no-brainer, doesn’t it? Yet some admins rely on users seeing their tab to learn about their promotion – a “build it and they will come” mentality. Be proactive with your promotion!
- Pin it to the top of your timeline.
This will keep the post at the top of your timeline and prevent it from getting buried when new content is posted. The pinned post will stay there for seven days.
- Highlight Your Post
Increase the visibility of your post by stretching it across the entire width of your timeline.
2. Reward Referrers
Offer a bonus entry to entrants when their friends and followers enter the promotion through a shared link.
3. Utilize Other Social Media Platforms To Promote Your Context.
Share your promotion with your Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn fans – spread the word across all your social media platforms!
4. Make Them An Offer They Can’t Refuse
Pick a prize that is relevant to your core audience – something that resonates with the fans that you want to hang around long after the winner is announced. The right promotion paired with a high-demand (yet relevant) prize, will yield higher entry rates and more shares.
5. Link From Your Website or Blog
Many of the visitors to your website or blog aren’t fans of yours on Facebook. Direct traffic from your website by including a banner ad or link to your promotion or create a blog post that highlights the promotion with a link to the tab.
6. Include A Link In Your Newsletter
If you send out a newsletter or have an email list, include a mention and link to your Facebook promotion. Again, don’t assume that your contacts are already fans on Facebook
7. Create A Custom Facebook Cover Photo
Now that Facebook has relaxed their cover photo guidelines, you can use that space to direct traffic to your promotion.
8. Use Facebook Ads.
If you really want to make a splash and attract fans to your promotion, Facebook ads are an affordable way to reach a large audience.
- Promotion Posts: Make sure more of your pages fans see your promotion by promoting a post that links to your content, or choose to target new fans
- Facebook Ads: Looking for a broader reach? Target potential new fans based on specific interests