How To Rock IT on Twitter
Jazz Up Your Profile
For tweete’s sake, please:
- Upload your photo
- Use Your name
- Add your URL link
- Fill In your bio!
Then go to create a cool background:
Get busy tweeting. Because the best thing about your profile should be your awesome tweets.
Connect with Your Tribe
Don’t wait for tweeters to find you–go find them invite your existing connections to connect with you in your ezine, on your website or block and from the other
10 ways to connect with your tribe:
- Use twitter’s “who to follow
- Search www.Twellow.com
- Try www.listorious.com
- Check out www.Twibes.com
- Seek at www.Twitseeker.com
- Connect locally at www.locaLTweeps.com
- Get followed back at www.WeFollow.com
- Find peeps at www.Tweetfind.com
- Join a #hashtag Party or www.TweetChat.com
- Follow those who are following someone else in your niche/interests
Share Cool Stuff
Rule #1: Share cool stuff. Resource. Link. Tips.
Rule #2 Share cool stuff. Videos. Photos. Audio.
Rule #3 Share cool stuff. RTs. Recommendations.
Get the idea?
Don’t Just share your sales pitch. That’s not cool. You have to share more than that– Connect with people
Check out www.StuffToTweet.com
TwitPic.com – Photos
TweetCube.com – Files
Clinch.fm – Audio
Twtpoll.com – Ask Questions
Manage Your Tweets & Tribes
Learn to schedule & automate. It’s worth it.
Try tweeting with one of these power tools:
- HootSuite (my favorite!)
- Social Oomph
Manage Your Followers:
- Twitter karma
- Friend or follow
Build Your Tribes & Tweets Circles:
- Use Twitter lists
- Triberr.com (Join & Build Tribes)
- Twitter feed.com (create Tweetcircle)
Get Twitter Connected
- Connect your website with twitter .com Use TwitterTools or NetworkedBlogs to shre your new content automatically
- Add a “follow me on Twitter” link or icon to your website
- Link your Facebook fan page to your Twitter profile.
- Create your own “Twitter It!” page.
- Write a set of #hashtag tips and schedule them.
Make Your content easy to share:
- TwitterLink comments
- CommentLuv Premium
- Tweetmeme Button
Remember Your Goals
Why are you on twitter?
- Do you want to connect with new people? Build your list? Build credibility? Get traffic to your website?
- Know your goals. Plan yor time on twitter to support your goals.
- Track your progress and adjust your plan as needed
Track & Spy Tools:
- Your website statistics
- Ow.ly through Hootsuite