The Well-Oiled Data Machine
The inner workings of a business are dependent on good, clean, quality data; it’s the oil that keeps the business cogs turning! our most recent research reveals common data quality issues in organisations.
99% of companies have data strategy but common issues and errors are damaging data quality.
Research shows business are experiencing data breakdowns.
- 44% say incomplete, missing data is the most common problem.
- 41% see outdated contact information as the biggest issue.
- 86% Suspect their data might be inaccurate in some way.
Business machine can’t be efficient when…
- 75% Of companies waste an average of
14% Revenue due to bad data quality.
Multi-Chanel strategies are increasing the room for error.
- 49% Say it’s their website.
- 52% Recognize the call center as the most problematic channel
But what is the root cause of data errors?
- 59% Human error
- 31% Poor communications
- 24% An inadequate data strategy
- 22% Lack of resource
- Insufficient budgets
The impact translates to…
- Having problems when generating meaningful business intelligence.
- Not having enough information about customers
- 38% Use point-of-capture solutions to verify entered information
- 34% Use dedicated back-office software to clean new data.
- 23% Of companies depend on manual methods to check their customer data
What are the main outputs businesses want from their data machine
- 62% increase efficiency
- 54% Better customer satisfaction
- 44% Cost savings
- 43% increased opportunities through customer profiling