7 Signs Of Professional Learning
- To be successful in efforts we must plan backward, beginning with the student learning outcomes
- We have to remember that teachers are professionals who use their classrooms as innovative laboratories and want to engage in authentic learning.
- Just as surgeons see observation and coaching as a vital to improving their craft, so should teachers
- When professional development fails to deliver genuine, face-to face interactions with other people, educators feel cheated
- Teachers have a great deal of knowledge about their practice and their students that is incredibly valuable to other teachers.
- When video recording is started in a way that supports each educator’s intrinsic desire to improve . It can be a powerful tool for rapid significant improvement
- Educators that ensure that professional learning materials are more than a forum for sharing war stories or a platform for promoting personal preferences about instruction.