4th Of July
More pets run away on the Fourth of July than on any other day of the year.
- July 5th is the busiest day of the year for animal shelters nationwide.
- 30% Is the increase in the number of lost pets between July 4th to 6th.
- 7.6 million animals are lost each year
- Only 26% of dogs are returned to their owners
- Over 35% of lost pets are euthanized annually
Tips to keep Your Pet Safe on the Fourth
The Fourth of July is a scary time for our furry friends. The high-pitched squeals, thundering booms and bright flashing lights of the fireworks can send even the bravest dog running. On the Fourth, pets need their master’s help and reassurance to keep them safe and at ease.
- Ensure your dog gets plenty of exercise during the day before the fireworks begin.
- Provide a safe place for them to retreat like their crate or bed and check on them every few hours.
- Make sure your dog has a collar and ID tag and make sure their Tag GPS pet Tracker is fully charged
- Keep your pets indoors, lower blinds and close the windows so they won’t be frightened by the noise and bright lights