10 Empowering Quotes from Inspiring Women Leaders
- Eleanor Roosevelt – Former First Lady
Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway
- Beth Revis – New York Times Best Selling Author
Power isn’t control at all – Power is strength and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; A leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own
- Condoleezza Rice – Former U.S Secretary of States
If you cannot allow people to do their jobs … nobody with substance and creativity will work for you.
- Rosalynn Carter – Former First Lady
A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.
- Dee Dee Myers – Former White House Press Secretary
I am endlessly fascinated that playing football is considered a training ground for leadership, but raising children isn’t
- Margaret Heffenan – CEO and Author
I’m all for ambition and stretch goals. I set them for myself. But leadership isn’t the same as cheerleading. Believing in something is a necessary but absolutely insufficient condition for making it come true.
- Whoopi Goldberg – Comedienne, Actress Activist
We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.
- Sheri L. Dew – Author and CEO of the Deseret Book Company
True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.
- Jennifer Granholm – Former Governor Of Michigan
Sometimes leadership is planting trees under whose shade you’ll never sit
- Amy Poehler – Actress, Comedienne
I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me. bossy is not a pejorative term at all.
It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.