The Pokemon Go Safety Guide
- Protect your personal details
- Beware of online & offline scams
- Monitor your spending of in-app purchases
- Bring along a power bank to charge your smartphone
- Don’t enter dangerous or restricted areas and places of worship just to catch Pokemon. Respect is important
- Take note of your data and battery; Using GPS will drain both very quickly.
- Be aware of your surroundings and take care of your personal items
- Hydrate! Bring along a bottle of water if you plan on going out to catch Pokemon all day
- Don’t play Pokemon Go while riding a bicycle, motorcycle or driving
- Motorists caught playing with their smartphones can be slapped with a RM 300 fine
How Pokemon Go Started
John Hanke, age 49 (Born in 1967)
- Learn to program while in middle school then
- Graduates with Berkeley MBA, thinks about interactive gaming then in
- 1995, 1996, 1998 Starts 3 gaming startups, after which
- Hanke stays at Google to lead Google Earth and Google Maps then
- Google acquire keyhole who
- Starts a geospecial data visualization in keyhole
- Starts Niantic inside Google, with complete independence from Google from there
- Creates a hit Ar game ingress.
- Pokemon company CEO becomes a fan of the game then
- Separates from Google Releases funny video of Pokemon on top of Google Maps which lead to
- 7 million Ingress players worldwide then
- Raised $30 million from Google,Nintendo and Pokemon after then
- Pokemon Go launches in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand with
- 5% of U.S. Android users install the game
To be continued….
- Revenue per user is double the industry standard
- Tops Twitter by daily users
- Players spend 43 minutes on average
A ship that lies under San Francisco’s downtown. It carried the first gold seekers here.