Say “I Do” To Engagement Ring Insurance
- When Budgeting for bling and the big day, brides and grooms often overlook wedding and engagement ring insurance. Don’t make that mistake.
- For young couples just starting out, wedding and engagement rings are among the most valuable items they own. Make sure they’re protected.
- Engagement ring values increased in price from 2005 to 2007 by about 6% a year, hit a plateau in the recession and gradually increased again by more than 2% a year since the middle of 2010
- Jet-setting couples will want worldwide wedding ring coverage that only a jewelry can provide.
- Away from home sweet home?
Your homeowners policy may not cover jewelry replacement if it’s lost or stolen elsewhere.
- Cost of jewelry insurance
jewelry insurance cost about $1 to $3 per $100 of value, depending on where you live and the size of deductible.
- Damage and accidental loss account for almost 90% of jewelry claims in a given year.
- 54% of married women have never had their engagement rings appraised or haven’t done so within the past 10 years.
- Prices of gold and precious stones are Soaring, so check your jewelry policy’s coverage limit to see if you’re underinsured.