How Much Water Should We Drink Everyday
Why You Need To Drink Water
- You can go several weeks without food, but you can’t go more than a few days without drinking water
- Water is the most critical nutrient for life
- Your body is made up of roughly 70% water
- Your body needs water for hydration, recovery, digestion, satiation and more
How Much Water Do You Need?
- Pay attention to the color of your urine when you urinate : your urine should be colorless and odorless
- The rule of thumb to get it colorless and odorless is
1 liter per 1000 kcal you expend = your daily water requirement
- The institute of medicine says that men needs roughly of 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverage a day
What About The advise To Drink Eight Glasses A Day?
- Every one is aware of the popular advise “drink 8-ounce glasses of water a day”. This rule remain popular because it’s easy to remember
- This is just the baseline, of course. There are more factors like exercise environment, illness, pregnancy that will influence your water needs
- The easiest way to handle your water requirement is to slick with the baseline above and to add more water whenever you feel thirsty.
How To Build The Habit Of Drinking More Water
- Start early. Have 1 cup of water as soon as you wake up.
- Drink 2 cups with each meal – Ideally try to drink 2 cups of water atleast 30 minutes before your meal
- Drink water while exercising- Take a bottle of water to the gym. slipping water will cause a set stomach
Write a note to your self on a bright sticky note and post it were you will see it easily. Do this until drinking water becomes a part of your routine
Can I drink Too Much Water?
- For Most, of us too little water is more of a problem than too many
- Drinking too much water is > 15 liters of water each day will not only take quite some time but make you feel very uncomfortable.
- Use your head – Don’t do crazy things like drinking 10 liters in 30 minutes
- Don’t participate in water drinking contest – People have died from them!