Healthy food swaps
Pasta = Spaghetti squash, Spiralized Zucchini
- Skip the heavy high carb meal and sub in spaghetti squash or zucchini linguine for a guilt -free pasta dish!
French Fries = Baked sweet potato fries
- Sweet potato are a great and healthy option for a side dish.
Cow’s milk = Almond milk
- Dairy is often a trigger for an upset stomach. Sub your cow’s milk for a nut like almond milk or coconuts milk.
Fruit Juice = coconut water
- many fruit juices have electrolytes, but they are also packed with sugar.
- Try a natural coconut water loaded with potassium and electrolytes!
White sugar = Raw honey, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar
- Stay away from refined sugar! Go for a natural sweetener.
Ice cream = Banana ice cream
- Ditch the sugar-packed ice cream for a frozen banana ‘ice cream’ alternative. Simply blend a frozen banana in your high-speed blender until it reaches the texture of ice cream.
Mayo = Avocado
- Sub out mayo for avocado in chicken salads and egg salads to add some healthy fats into your diet!
Mashed Potatoes = Cauliflower mash
- Ditch the heavy cream and potatoes, and sub it for a cauliflower mash! You won’t miss those potatoes. Make it creamy with almond milk, grass-fed butter, and season it with Himalyan sea salt!
Cocoa Powder = cacao powder
- Cocoa powder is processed, stripped of nutrients, and contains low level of cacao. Cacao is high in antioxidants. promotes healthy skin and healthy heart
Canola/Vegetable oil = Avocado oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, grass-fed butter
- It’s no secret that we should stay away from vegetable oils. Avocado, coconut. and olive oil are swaps- ghee (Clarified butter), and grass -fed butter are also great alternatives!
Table salt = Himalayan Sea Salt
- Table salt is depleted of its natural minerals. Himalayan sea salt contains over 80 essential minerals needed for our body, and is good source of magnesium!
White Rice = Cauliflower Rice
- For a lighter meal, sub out white rice for cauliflower rice! process cauliflower in your food processor until it becomes rice texture