Healthcare For Your Heart
heart disease is the leading cause of death in the Unites States for both men and women. It’s also major cause of disability. Taking a preventive approach to heart disease is one of the smartest things you can do to protect your health
- $444 Billion:
Is the cost of heart disease in 2010 due to U.S Healthcare services, Medications, Lost productivity
- Nearly 1 out of 3 Deaths are caused by heart disease in the U.S.
Not All Hospital Care Is Equal
- Heart patients treated in the best hospitals are 38% more likely to be alive one month later.
- 32,677 Patients:
In 2011, an additional 32,677 medicare patients could have survived 30 days after admission, if they had gone to a top-rate hospital
Top hospitals are more efficient. Heart patients in the best hospitals cost $1300 less per stay and go home half day sooner.
Best Hospitals Provide:
- Aspirin on Arrival to stop further damage to the heart
- Rx for Aspirin & Medication to reduce likelihood of recurring heart attacks
- Beta-blocker at Discharge allow heart to pump blood easier.
- Medication & Procedures to dissolve clots.
- Ace Inhibitor to reduce stress on heart
What Can You Do?
- Get Preventive Screenings
With the healthcare law, many health insurance plans including Medicare and Medicaid now cover -at little or no cost preventive screenings such as high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Compare You Care
If you have chest pain, always go to the nearest hospital. If you can plan ahead., compare your care. Visit Medicare’s Quality Care Finder and click on Hospital Compare to find and compare the quality of heart care at your local hospitals..